SAVE THE DATE!!!!!
The Topanga Evacuation Drill 2011 will take place on Saturday, May 7, 2011 from 9:00 am to 11:00 am.
More information to follow.
The Los Angeles County Operational Area’s SNAP Program is a voluntary disaster registry that can help emergency personnel find people who may need additional assistance in a disaster.
- Do you have a permanent or temporary disability?
- Do you need help to get out of your home safely during a disaster?
- Do you need assistance to travel to an emergency evacuation center?
- Do you need extra help taking care of yourself in your home or at an evacuation center?
- Do you need extra help because of your disability to care for yourself alone for several days?
- Do you need assistive equipment that uses electricity?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, you should consider registering with SNAP. Information submitted to SNAP is secure and is accessible only to authorized emergency personnel during a disaster. Please note that SNAP does NOT guarantee priority service to those who register, but it does give emergency responders an additional tool to identify, locate, and assist people with disabilities or health conditions during a natural or man-made disaster.
To register for SNAP, visit snap.lacounty.gov